Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ladder Challenge Revisited

Here it is, bitches. Since it seems I'm motivated again, I'm retooling my 350 for Morvahna. Yes, I understand that Morvi might not be the most competitive at 350 points, but I think this list will handle a lot and come back for more. These also include a lot of models that have a place in my heart and/or really deserve paint jobs because of their performances.

-----
^Morvahna the Autumnblade
Gnarlhorn Satyr
*Woldwyrd
Wolves of Orboros (6)
Wolves of Orboros Officer and Standard Bearer
Professor Viktor Pendrake
*Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew
-Army Points: 346/350
-----

The star denotes finished models. The little chevron denotes model(s)-in-progress. I'm cheating a little, but I'll be painting my entire unit of WoO with the UA, so there. :P

So who's with me? Lincoln, I'm looking at you!!! Challenge time! Trade Rob for Khador and let's do this...

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

LOL AT YOU!
Alright...I'm down for a 350 ladder challenge!
I'd love to smash your face in with some Khador.
I've been toying in my head with a 'steam punk' style of scheme. Neutral colors, cool blues, grey, white, with bright yellow and black 'caution tape' patterns on weapons/armor. I don't know how it will turn out...but I think it would be fun to paint and be very different because they are militaristic in story.

M Althauser said...

Seems like a good number of models for 350. =) How does Morvhana compare to the other Circle casters? Is she more difficult to use overall?

Unknown said...

Yeah...she is considered one of Circles worst casters by the forum crowd...yet me and Nuriochi love her. She has a learning curve for sure, but can wreck some face. Her main strength lies in her ability to bring troops back from the dead.

It's too bad that Ed chose his favorite caster for this, because after I'm done smashing his face in he won't like her anymore lol.

Nuriochi_sol said...

Yeah... she's a tough one to master, but well worth the effort. She lacks any inherent extra movement effects, like Forest Walk or Spirit Door. But that just means she's like the majority of non-Circle 'locks or 'casters. She's a lot of fun... I think my record is cycling through 17 Fury in one turn casting Eruption of Life with Harvest up. She's subtle but well-protected, since arguably the best 'lock in Circle, if not the game. But it all depends on your play style.

And don't believe ol' Russ. He's just sore that I won that tourney using Morvi. She's my girl. And she's sitting 1/4 painted staring at me, demanding my devotion.

Unknown said...

What do you mean SHE won you tournament? If I recall it was Pendrake and a Wayfarer...if you have the bend the truth at least do it stylishly! I mean I even had to point out to bounce the grenade onto Baldur's head...i mean common!

Anonymous said...

Get some paint on that tree-huggin' biotch! :)

Nuriochi_sol said...

@Russ... keep talkin' fool.

@Little Kid... will do!