Friday, April 13, 2012

The Druchii are massing...

...brave warriors from across Nagarythe converge under the banner of House Sirfalas, the Rootseers, the Farstriders of Ghrond...

While not painted, I'm still proud of the fact that I was able to finalize assembly on my 103 Dark Elf spearmen. They were not easy, given that 75% of them came to me through a deal and were poorly assembled and somewhat painted. They needed often to be torn down to their base components, rebased, reassembled with new bits (mostly heads, arms, and shield emblems) and then primed.


And here's a close up of my favorite standard bearer. Thought I'd do something a little different... SKULLS!


I think now I can finally start playing some games... ironically, in reading the Sundering books by Gav Thorpe, I'm beginning to empathize more with the High Elves than the Dark Elves. Even considering building a Malekith of Nagarythe High Elf army (basically cavalry, spears, White Lions, and a Prince kitted out in a way reminiscent of Malekith in the books - magic sword, spell-casting, maybe a Crown of Command). 

Stay tuned for more!


No comments: