Monday, March 4, 2013

Legion Begins!

Started a painting league for a Facebook group I'm a part of (Michigan Warmachine/Hordes Players) and here are my pledge models for this month, including a test Shredder.

Here's my paint scheme for posterity.

Basecoat GW Mechanicus Standard Grey
Wash GW Carroburg Crimson
Layer on GW Mechanicus Standard Grey
Layer on GW Administratum Grey
Layer on GW Dawnstone
Layer on P3 Frostbite
Black line and blend with GW Nuln Oil
Black out the armor with GW Chaos Black
Highlight armor with GW Eshin Grey
Highlight further with GW Dawnstone
Wash mouth with GW Carrburg Crimson
Pick out teeth with VBC Bonewhite
Highlight teeth with RMS Linen White
Paint base with P3 Bloodstone
Wash heavily with GW Nuln Oil
Dry brush base with P3 Bloodstone

Not sure on a basing scheme yet. Originally was going to go with a layer of snow and tufts of dead grass. Not sure yet what I'm going to do - though I'm leaning on trying the snow - maybe on a test base first.

No comments: