Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trying again...

It's obviously been a while, but I'm trying again. I've added a side bar, listing what I'm hoping to be working on. This is in addition to a bunch of assembling I have to do. Later, I'm going to post my progress and also post new pics of my work area. It's all in an attempt to get motivated.

Some new strategies: (1) less TV, (2) more movies on my laptop at my painting desk, (3) paint and play - make a list I like to play and attempt to get it painted. My last thought is to resume use of a painting group; try to get the old team together to paint and socialize. It's always more fun when you have someone to show your progress to immediately, and get advice from regarding colors and techniques.

I've settled on a paint scheme for my Circle as well. It's going to be dark. The initial work on my WarpWolf is black fur, with P3 Coal Black highlights, lightened with a little VMC Cork Brown, leading to an oddly bluish-green hue. The fur has some cool grey highlights to set it apart from the skin. His eyes are a simply white pupil on black, inspired by the wolves from 300. The metals will be a dark bronze with a silver sheen, with a blue wash inside instead of green. The leathers will be standard, though a little darker. The bases will have lush greens, with some forest debris, and sparing use of slush; the effect I'm going for is spring thaw and the awakening of something evil out of the woods. Should look good...

Wish me luck, all...

No comments: