Saturday, June 9, 2012

Malus' Marauders

Apparently, I'm always thinking. For those of you that know me, this should come as no surprise. The one thing I like to think about a lot is army ideas for my various factions. After talking to PG_bulldog about Warhammer Fantasy last night, I decided to give my Dark Elves some love, particularly Malus Darkblade. Typically, I feel the named characters for Dark Elves are substandard - too expensive for what they grant you - but I'm determined to have fun with this army and to hell with making things competitive. That said, I've used this as an excuse to gather a force of models I like, are non-Khainite to go with Malus' storyline, and will utilize the core build I've experimented with already. In keeping with my personal stories and fluff for House Sirfalas, I imagine Malus, on his journey to free himself of the Demon Tz'arkan, has come seeking the aid of Lady Enlil, who with the aid of her Daughter Iseilven and their Man-at-Arms, Dantalion, have taken to the field with Malus' forces in an attempt to push deeper into the Spiteful Peaks surrounding Tor Sír, seeking the mysteries of possession for Malus' freedom and the glory of the Farstriders of Ghrond.

"...so we can agree that we'd both like to avoid any... regal entanglements..." 

Malus' Marauders
2498/2500pts

Lords:
* Supreme Sorceress (Shadow) Level 4 (290pts)
        Seal of Ghrond
     
Heroes:
* Malus Darkblade, Scion of Hag Graef (275pts)
        Heavy Armor, Warpsword of Khaine, Spite, the Cold One

* Master (161pts)
        Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield
        Sword of Might, Pendant of Khaeleth

* Sorceress (Dark Magic) Level 2 (150pts)
        Tome of Furion

Core:
* 30x Dark Elf Corsairs (350pts)
        Full CMD, Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Two Hand Weapons
        Sea Serpent Standard

* 10x Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen (100pts)
        Hand Weapon, Light Armor, Repeater Crossbow

* 10x Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen (100pts)
        Hand Weapon, Light Armor, Repeater Crossbow

* 29x Dark Elf Warriors (233pts)
        Full CMD, Light Armor, Spears, Shields
        Standard of Discipline

* 29x Dark Elf Warriors (243pts)
        Full CMD, Light Armor, Spears
        Banner of Murder

Special:
* 10x Cold One Knights (310pts)
        Full CMD, Heavy Armor, Lance, Shield

* 9x Cold One Knights (282pts)
        Musician, Standard Bearer, Heavy Armor, Lance, Shield
        Banner of Swiftness

Pretty slick lay-out. The Level 4 goes in the back with the crossbows, the Level 2 will park with the Discipline spears, the BSB with the other warrior unit, and Malus will hang with the nine-man Cold One unit. Not sure on strategies yet, but the Cold Ones can come in on the flanks, with the spears and Corsairs manipulating the middle ground. We'll see - I'll probably be WAY out numbered compared to my usual opponents Skaven or Vampire Counts. Either way, should be a blast! 

No comments: