Saturday, May 10, 2008

Step It Up Challenge

FULLY-PRIMED '08 is complete!
ALL MODELS ARE 100% ASSEMBLED & PRIMED!


Taking a page out of the No Quarter's Studio Challenge and IMI's attempted Step It Up events - both essentially the same idea - I'm going to try this new and improved 350 pt Morvahna the Autumnblade list, and as I get it painted, add more to it, until I reach 1000pts (spoiler: I'm considering Baldur for 'lock #2, though if eKaya is out, she may take priority).

Morvahna the Autumnblade
[DONE] Warpwolf
[DONE] Woldwatcher
[DONE] Shifting Stones
Tharn Ravagers (4)
345/350

I chose Morvahna for a couple reasons. She's my favorite to play, given her little tricks and ins and outs, and I'm tired of hearing people say she's not competitive; I think the girl's got more to her than most people realize. First, every girl needs a Warpwolf, so I added him in. The Shifting Stones are just fun and already mostly painted. The Tharn are my go-to unit for Circle, especially Morvahna. Her Regrowth spell makes them so annoying. I'm concerned at fielding a min. unit, but I'll step them up to 500 soon enough. That said, I'm going to paint the entire unit plus UA at once for sake of uniformity. Finally, the Woldwatcher - he's probably my favorite light in the game, with the Pyre Troll taking a close second. I love his animus and he looks fun to paint.

I'll give myself a couple months to finish and play test this. Then I'll step it up to 500. I'll keep posting my progress and my game results here.

EDIT: It looks like I'm being taken up on my challenge to other locals. The goal now is to have this list painted up by June 28th. It won't help me for the Hardcore Tourney that day, but it's a motivation to Bowen, Stokes, and Monty Kev. Best get crackin'!

----------------
Now playing: "Traversing the Portals of Reality" by Akira Yamaoka

No comments: